Thursday, March 09, 2006

If History has Taught us Anything

Recently, Digital Playground, has announced that they will be releasing their product in Blu Ray oppose to HD-DVD.

For those who don't know (Including myself), I have been told that Digital Playground is a large producer of adult entertainment (well I never), infact one of the larger distributors of Adult Entertainment DVDs (and yet I've never heard of them, hmm).

Many people aren't aware that we are in yet another media war. Like the wars in the past, this one is two opposing formats on the verge of colliding to decide who will be the victor. Many are aware that Beta was beaten out by the inferior VHS due to the adult entertainments decision to go VHS. Many would say the viability of the internet would not be as strong without adult entertainment, and I tend to agree that anytime the adult industry dips their fingers in something (absolutely no pun intended, but yet I giggle) it sticks (ok, now I'm laughing).

With the Blu Ray vs HD-DVD battle raging on, the fact that one of the kings in Adult Entertainment Video is going Blu Ray is a triumph. Mind you a triumph that probably won't be used by the Best Buy sales staff when you ask, "Which is better Blu Ray or HD-DVD"